Property

Located on a quiet street in an old quarter of Marfil, Guanajuato, Mexico, the Casa de las Palomas is ten minutes by taxi from downtown Guanajuato and 25 minutes from the Leon airport.

The main section of the house consists of a living room, dining room, atrium, kitchen, sunroom, and studio.

Off the kitchen is a service corridor leading to a pantry, service patio, and studio apartment.

The bedrooms open onto a porch overlooking a courtyard with a fountain.  

A large rooftop terrace above the living room and dining room looks out to mountain and village views.

Built with traditional materials and fine workmanship, the house has been improved and renovated over the last ten years.

The property has 1349 square meters of land organized into several gardens. Also included is an off street parking area for two to three cars. Surrounding the property are high masonry walls.

 

The building and design of the property was a collaborative project by individuals prominent in the cultural and artistic life of Mexico.